Holy Saturday. The day between the crucifixion and the resurrection. It is the ultimate time of waiting without answers, hoping without evidence.
Many of us have situations in our lives that are stretching us to the edge of patience. We don’t see the way out. It is the darkness of the in-between.
Find a few minutes today to spend time in silence. Use some of the phrases below* to wait in the presence of God.
- Sitting in love.
- Waiting without answers.
- Hoping without evidence.
- Love sustaining itself by longing.
- The “grief work” of holding patiently, without resolution or consolation.
- Prayer as watching and waiting more than doing.
- Prayer as unknowing and not knowing.
- Prayer of quiet.
- An exercise in not forcing resurrection but letting it come when it will.
* Ideas from Immortal Diamond by Richard Rohr